Whenever this rice is on sale at the grocery store, I cannot help myself but buy the container. With two containers staring at me in the cupboard I could not resist making this incredible accompaniment to the main dish.
For me, risotto is very relaxing when entertaining, as it always seems someone asks if they can help you in the kitchen and this is a perfect way to make them feel part of the process.
As my Mom says, “I got to hold the spatula!” 😉
Its a safe way to have them help.
This recipe has been modified from Cuisine at Home: Weeknight Menus Volume 1.
- ~ 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup yellow onions, diced
- ½ cup arborio grain rice
- 2 tablespoon dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat stock over medium heat in a saucepan just until warm. Reduce heat to low.
- In another saucepan, saute onions and garlic in butter for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in rice and cook for 2 minutes. Add wine and stir until absorbed.
- Begin adding broth in ¼-cupfuls, stirring constantly and allowing stock to be absorbed before adding more. After all the stock has been added and absorbed, remove from heat. Once the liquid has been added, the cooking time is roughly about 15-17 minutes.
- Now for the alfredo part...Off heat, finish with Parmesan cheese and heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper.