Brunch, it’s one of those meals that get me all excited to find something to make that incorporates eggs. This frittata was inspired after a…
…quick google search, not only did I get to use the cast iron skillet but threw some pancetta into the mix.
This recipe was simple,
delicious and somewhat healthy (maybe), will definitely make this again!
- 2 medium sized zucchini, cut in ¼-inch slices
- Olive oil, for grilling
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup diced pancetta, (6 slices)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chiffonade fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chiffonade fresh basil leaves
- 12 egg whites
- ¼ cup Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Brush zucchini with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium heat in a grill pan until tender and marked. Allow to cool and dice.
- In a 12-inch cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add pancetta and cook until crisp. Add garlic and allow to cook until fragrant.
- Stir in the grilled zucchini, tomatoes, and fresh herbs. Slightly beat egg whites in a large bowl and add to the pan.
- Turn the heat off, stir in the Swiss cheese and season with coarse salt and 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until egg is set. Remove from the oven and serve.